1. Introduction and General Considerations
The Monitor Daily (also referred to herein as “the website”, “the site”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) is committed to granting protection to both you and your family’s personal information whenever you use our website’s services. Because we respect and appreciate our readers, we want the services we provide to be not only enjoyable but safe.
- The types of personal and non-personal information that we collect
- How that information is collected
- How that information is used and to what purposes it is used
- Whether we will use those details to get in contact with you
- Whether that personal information will be shared with any third parties
- The types of choices that you have in connection to the information you share with us
2. The Type of Information that We Collect
Internet users that decide to access, use, participate in, sign up or register for any of the services offered by The Monitor Daily, including but not limited to activities, online information, coverage and content, newsletters, audio material or video clip may share certain personal information with us. The data we collect about you may represent personal information (such as your email, name, date of birth, telephone and mobile number-depending on the activity that you have chosen to take part in) or non-personal information (related to browser information, IP address, browsing habits, etc).
Upon using our services, you allow The Monitor Daily (as well as all of its applicable contractors, employees, and partners) to provide you with continuously improved services, online content and activities that better suit your interests and desires.
The Monitor Daily offers a multitude of services that may require you to provide different types of information. Registering for the website or deciding to personalize your services may involve your permission that The Monitor Daily use third party information connected to you, such as social media account information.
The Monitor Daily collects two distinct types of information about its users:
- PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION: this type of information may personally identify you
- NON PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION: information that cannot personally identify you, but that is automatically collected by our servers when you access the services.
1) Personally Identifiable information represents that information which can be connected directly to you and may be used to get in contact with you. Such information includes, but is not limited to, email address, registration user name, your name, postal address, telephone number, zip code, date of birth, etc. Please note that The Monitor Daily does NOT automatically store such information upon your access to the website. This information is required upon your use of other services such as additional features, promotions, sweepstakes, registration or promotion. For example, we may only require your name and shopping address in connection to a contest entry. Other types of information, such as gender, age, shopping preferences may be connected to demographic surveys and statistics. You may always decide whether or not to provide this type of information and when collected, you will be informed about the purposes of this information collection.
2) Non -Personally Identifiable information, on the other hand, is information that is automatically collected when you access the website and represents all types of data and information that cannot be directly connected to you or used to identify you. In certain cases, non-personally identifiable information may include specific data that has been de-identified (in other words, information that has been turned anonymous). Generally, non-personally identifiable information is collected in connection to (but can also be collected separately from) your personally identifiable information. The types of information we are referring to includes, among many others, browser details, type of browser used to access the services, IP address, IP address details, the third party website where your visit originated from, internet service provider details, search terms you fill in when using the Services, specific web pages on The Monitor Daily that you choose to access, how many pages you access within a single visit, the overall duration of your visit, the time you spend on individual pages, etc.
3. How The Monitor Daily Uses the Information it Collects from You
We use the information you provide for a multitude of purposes, but most importantly, we use it in order to provide you with a better, more enjoyable experience of our services.
These purposes are as follows:
- To offer you a more enjoyable service, engaging online content, better services, coverage, information that you are interested in and that can satisfy your enquiries;
- To allow us to conduct internal administration tasks, relating to the service, the content, and the activities you sign up for (for instance, to offer you password assistance for your registered account, to send newsletters, to provide you with notifications and newsletters when the situation warrants it).
- To personalize certain services that you may wish to access
- To contact you if required
- To protect our services from disruptive use
- To establish the total number of visitors and visits stemming from different countries
- To offer you a user-oriented experience
- To carry out requests you make in connection to our services, to respond to your enquiries
- To provide a competent customer service
- To offer you promotional information if offered
- To analyse traffic
- To understand our readership’s needs and desires
- To conduct promotional activities, maintenance and service improvement
Under certain circumstances, we may choose to share the information you provide with third-party partners and vendors that conduct tasks on The Monitor Daily’s behalf. These partners may administer our website or promotions, they may provide promotional and marketing assistance, analyse relevant data connected to the website or provide assistance in regards to our customer services. Even when your information is shared with such third party vendors, they are mandated to only use the information they are provided with in order to carry out the tasks that they have been specifically informed to perform on our behalf. Your information may also be shared to sponsors of programs or promotions as well as co-promotional partners with whom we harness marketing relationships.
Non personally identifiable information may be shared with certain affiliated companies that work towards improving our services or carrying out our promotional activities. Please remember, though, that non-personally identifiable information cannot be used to identify you.
3. Other Uses of Your Information
Certain non-personally identifiable data may be used and shared for additional purposes. IP addresses, for instance, represent series of numbers that are automatically assigned to Personal Computers or devices that you use to access the Internet. These number series are automatically identified by Web Servers. Our servers also identify the IP address that your computer uses when accessing our website. Whenever a visitor requests pages from The Monitor Daily website, his or her IP address is logged and used for system administration purposes. Moreover, we may also use IP addresses for purposes such as non-personal aggregate information reporting, or website use tracking.
Despite the fact that an IP address represents non-personal information (which means that it cannot be linked to personally identifiable information), certain cases mandate that we use a visitor’s IP address to trace back a visit. Such cases include our need to:
- Comply with requests made by government agencies
- Comply with legal requirements or law enforcement agencies instructions
- To protect the legal rights and the property of The Monitor Daily
- To protect the rights of users of The Monitor Daily
- In emergent cases, to protect the safety of our users or that of the general public.
4. Cookies and Other Types of Tracking Software
Please note that cookies do not, typically, contain any personally identifiable information. With the help of cookies, we may analyse certain relevant information to our services. Please remember that this information only applies to the cookies that The Monitor Daily uses. Third Party websites may employ other types of tracking software and cookies that are subject to that particular website’s policies. Cookies may also be used to understand the types of advertising that is most relevant to our users in connection to the web pages that you generally visit.
You may choose the manner in which cookies are stored on your machine by accessing the settings or preferences option in your internet browser. Note, however, that cookies allow certain features that significantly improve your experience of the website. By turning off cookies, you may be unable to access these features.
Email communication with The Monitor Daily may also be a manner in which we store personal information about you. We generally use the information you provide via email communication to respond to your inquiries and questions. However, please note that it is not advisable for you to send personal information including, but not limited to, website passwords, security numbers, social security information, bank-account-related information by email. Also, The Monitor Daily does not generally send emails to its users and readers unless specifically requested by you. If you do not desire to receive further communication from The Monitor Daily, you may choose to do so by clicking on the unsubscribe link that is present in the email.
Our goal is to continue developing our business, however, as part of such endeavours, we may decide to sell, or purchase assets. In such cases, other entities may acquire The Monitor Daily or parts of our assets, including the information that you have provided to us. In such cases, your personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information will be transferred to this acquiring entities. The Monitor Daily will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your preferences regarding the information you have chosen to share with us will continue to be treated in accordance to your preference, but we cannot guarantee the success of our endeavours.
Additionally, in the case of bankruptcy or business reorganization, your information may also be considered an asset and may be sold or transferred to third parties.
The Monitor Daily pledges to keep the information you have provided confidential except for the moments when such disclosures are required by law.
The Monitor Daily represents a service that is designed for the use of adults. We therefore do NOT willingly offer our services to children under the age of 13. Additionally, we also do not willingly collect personally identifiable information from visitors that are under the age of 13. If you are not 13 years or older, please do NOT access The Monitor Daily. If you are the parent of a child that is under 13 years old and fear that your child has disclosed information to us, please contact us.
7. Securing Your Information
The information we collect from you is guarded and protected by reasonable security measures so as to prevent unauthorised access and disclosure. Even so, the Internet is a volatile environment and we cannot guarantee or warrant that your personally and non-personally identifiable information remains safe after you have transmitted it to us. The Monitor Daily will not be held responsible for the theft, inadvertent disclosure, unauthorised use or destruction of the information that you have chosen to disclose. If such data breaches were to occur, The Monitor Daily would contact you.
8. Third Party Links and Websites
Last Update: 9.08.2015